I have cited several forms of the cosmological argument for God’s existence on this blog . One effective form of this argument comes from philosopher Norman Geisler. This argument begins from an undeniable premise: I exist. This is not always assumed to be true by modern philosophy. Geisler argues that God exists because I exist. Here’ s a rough outline: 1. Some things undeniably exist (e.g., I cannot deny my own existence). 2. My nonexistence is possible. 3. Whatever has the possibility not to exist is currently caused to exist by another. 4. There cannot be an infinite regress of current causes of existence. 5. Therefore, a first uncaused cause of my current existence exists. 6. This uncaused cause must be infinite, unchanging, all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-perfect. 7. This infinitely perfect Being is appropriately called “God.” 8. Therefore, God exists. 9. This God who exists is identical to the God described in the Christian Scriptures. 10. Therefore, the ...
Comments
Instead it just seems to be a sad way to inflate the merest scraps of conjecture of the historicity of jesus with the mountains of evidence that we have for people who actually exist.
“If there was only one source for the existence of Hitler it might actually be funny.”
There are multiplied sources for Christ’s existence. In view of the time when He lived, we have mountains of it. Please see the materials at this link (http://www.4truth.net/jesus/). You might also try my search label “Argument from Scripture.”
http://friendlyatheist.com/2010/12/06/dont-wait-up-for-jesus/
Thanks for linking to the post; I will let my words speak for themselves.
You still gave me no indication of who you are. It would help our conversation.