Answers to Sunday School Questions, Part 3

Last Summer, we took up questions from our Adult Sunday School Class at First Presbyterian Dyersburg, Tennessee.  I have adapted the answers I gave in articles in the church newsletter, and I wanted to share them here.  I hope you find the short essays helpful. 

 What happens to children who die before the age of accountability?  Do they go to hell just for the sins of dead people?

            That’s really a good question.  I do not have a definitive answer for it.

            I do know that David expected to see his son again in heaven when his son died as an infant (2 Samuel 12:22-23).  That leads many to believe that infants go to heaven when they die before they can understand religion.       

            I also know, if they do go to hell, it is not for “the sins of dead people.”  They would go to hell for their own sinfulness.  They would go because of the kind of people they are, born in sin.  That’s what original sin means: we are all born the kind of people who sin when given the chance.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Face of Terror

The Canons of Dort

Intelligent Design