Amazing Grace, 2

At a late show tonight I finally had the chance to see the movie “Amazing Grace” at a theater in Nashville, TN. I had been to busy to see it while it played in my home town. I related my regard for William Wilberforce, the main character of this movie, in an earlier post. He’s one of my heroes, and he has been for a long time.

It is a good movie. The scenes of the Sessions of the English Parliament show a vision of their bold-spirited debates. The determination Wilberforce showed in the face of personal illness, fickle public opinion, and betrayal of friends shines through in this movie portrayal. The acting is strong, but not overdone. The cinematography supports the mood and message of this film.

I have to agree with the review I read a few months back. The best line in the movie comes from the character of John Newton: “There are only two things I can remember: I am a great sinner, and Christ is a great savior.” Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Face of Terror

The Canons of Dort

Intelligent Design