Pray

“I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had absolutely no other place to go.” - Abraham Lincoln

I am once again driven to my knees over the situation I find myself in. I am overwhelmed by the weight of the burden I have for those around me. I am confused by the suffering of my close relatives who don’t seem to deserve it. I am powerless to overcome my own sin.

I am comforted by the fact that I am never more powerful that I am when I pray. I am connected to the supreme power in the universe. I am assured of the power of God in response to my prayers. I know I make a difference in the world as I depend upon Him.

“Pray, and let God worry.” - Martin Luther

“Men may spurn our appeals, reject our message, oppose our arguments, despise our persons; but they are helpless against our prayers.” -J. Sidlow Baxter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Face of Terror

The Canons of Dort

Intelligent Design