Passion

"I know when apostolic passion has died in my heart. It happens when I don't spend my quiet time dreaming of the time when Jesus will be worshiped in languages that aren't yet heard in heaven. I know it's missing from my life when I sing about heaven, but live as if earth is my home. Apostolic passion is dead in my heart when I dream more about sports, toys, places to go and people to see, than I do about the nations worshiping Jesus." - Floyd Mclung, Perspectives on the World Christian Movement (William Carey Library, 1999)


I pray that God would awaken in us a holy zeal to see His Name glorified among the nations this Christmas Season. The Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) church I am a member of celebrates this time of year with the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering, a chance to give to further the cause of world missions. The International Missions Board of the SBC fielded over 5,000 missionaries, and I can count several family members in that noble cadre. Let us give and pray that other might go and tell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Face of Terror

The Canons of Dort

Intelligent Design