Batman: The Dark Knight

I “took the plunge” this week and went to see the new Batman movie. I was not disappointed. The action was a bit over the top, but that is to be expected these days.

Heath Ledger’s Joker was the best villain I have seen on the screen since Darth Vader.
Something about the smeared make-up brought out the “best” (do you say “worst” for a villain?) in the character.

I never thought of Batman as a Christ Figure before this film. I am torn between not revealing the end of the movie and explaining what I mean. I’ll leave it at this: Jesus Christ took all of our sin and shame upon himself on the cross. He was the only One big enough to handle that shame, and He took our shame from us as He paid the penalty for all of our sin. Batman gets the chance to do essentially the same thing for another character in the film.

Other interesting reviews of the Batman movie can be found here, here, here, and here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Face of Terror

The Canons of Dort

Intelligent Design