Operation Christmas Child on my Birthday

I just stumbled on a Face Book application that allows a person to ‘donate’ his or her birthday to a cause in order to raise money. I ‘took the plunge,’ as my birth date is October 22.


I would like to support Operation Christmas Child. I went on a trip to Lima, Peru, last year to help distribute shoebox gifts to children. You can read my stories from the trip by clicking the label “Operation Christmas Child” to the right in the sidebar.

Please take the chance to pack a shoebox gift for National Collection Week this year, November 16-23. Drop off locations can be found by entering your zip code here.

Also, a $7 donation will pay the shipping on someone else’s shoebox, and we get several boxes each year at our collection center that need the ‘scholarship.’ You can donate by following the instructions at the Face Book Causes link here or by following the appropriate links here.

Then children were brought to [Jesus] that he might lay his hands on them and pray. The disciples rebuked the people, but Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” And he laid his hands on them and went away. (Matthew 19:13-15, ESV)

Amen!

Comments

Steve said…
My wife just got our shoeboxes and packed them up. It is a great ministry.

You are a good man to remind us of this ministry and to participate in it.

Thank you, and Happy Birthday, J.K.!

Popular posts from this blog

The Face of Terror

The Canons of Dort

Intelligent Design