A “New” Attitude for J. K.

I am going to try a new approach to comments on this blog, especially those who elect to remain anonymous. I plan to take Carl Trueman’s approach:



I have been asked by several people over recent years whether Christians should respond if they are criticized or defamed on the web. The answer is simple: for myself, I do not believe that it is appropriate that I spend my time defending my name… As a Christian, I am not meant to engage in self-justification any more than self-promotion; I am called rather to defend the name of Christ; and, to be honest, I have yet to see a criticism of me, true or untrue, to which I could justifiably respond on the grounds that it was Christ’s honor, and not simply my ego, which was being damaged… Hitting back in anger at those who, justly or unjustly, do not like me and for some reason think the world needs to know what they think of me is no part of my God-given vocation. God will look after my reputation if needs be; He has given me other work to do.



I’ll respond to comments or the parts of comments that stick to the arguments that have substance, and I’ll ignore the rest.

Comments

One Ear said…
I leave you to the echo chamber of your own "awesomeness".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echo_chamber_(media)
C H said…
This is also known as the, "I'm right and you're wrong, nah nah nah, pblllllllllt." or the Child Method.
J. K. Jones said…
Why do you say that?

Popular posts from this blog

The Face of Terror

The Canons of Dort

Intelligent Design