The Four Horsemen Get Some Things Right

Stand to Reason’s blog contains a great post on the new video from our modern aethiest group. Here’s a sample from the post.

Christopher Hitchens, Daniel Dennett, Richard Dawkins, and Sam Harris are actually doing us a favor. The thing I appreciate about these men is that they don't view religion as a relativistic, subjective enterprise. They take the claims of Christianity seriously by addressing them as truth claims, not preferences. In the first ten minutes of a video they've titled The Four Horsemen, they express frustration about
the fact that people have made religion untouchable--that if a person tries to argue against the truthfulness of a religion, even the non-religious will shake a finger at him for criticizing it. I couldn't agree more with their frustration...

I agree. I dislike the way most people in the modern church make religion subjective. When religion moves into the are of “blind faith,” our critics are right to ridicule us. The Christian faith is about truth that is revealed by God. Truth. Objective, provable, demonstrable truth. We would do well to remember that.

Comments

JC Lamont said…
Ok -- you got me beat. You've got 10 posts on Dawkins, I've only got 5 with 2 more already written and scheduled to post over the next 2 weeks.

But what really impresses me if the link to the 4 Hourseman Video. I've never seen, just heard of it. You're the man!
J. K. Jones said…
Thanks, JC.

I did hear of this somewhere else, as noted.

Can't wait to read your posts!

Popular posts from this blog

The Face of Terror

The Canons of Dort

Intelligent Design