2012 Bible Reading Plan

Having accomplished much of what I had planned to do in 2011, I have now turned to the Bible reading plan I will use in 2012. I hope to get back on track with a regular, through-the-Bible reading plan. My sporadic reading of the Bible in 2011 left me unsatisfied.




My plans are to tackle Reading God's Story: A Chronological Daily Bible arranged and authored by George Guthrie. The organization of the Scripture text in this book’s format intrigues me. It claims to have a memorable format organized by acts and scenes like an unfolding play.



It will be interesting to see how this organization plays out, and especially what the over-arching theme of the “play” will be. I may abandon it if the theme does not prove to be the story of Jesus.



I also wish Reading God's Story was available in something other than the Holman Christian Standard Bible translation. It will also be interesting to see how this translation compares to the ESV that I normally use for detailed study and close reading.



I am reading through The Jesus Storybook Bible: Every Story Whispers His Name by Sally Lloyd-Jones with my eight-year-old daughter. This book has reinforced my thinking on the story of Jesus Christ as the main theme of the Bible. I hope to read through The Jesus Storybook Bible with her several times this year.



Please see last year’s post at this link to find other reading plans that are available on the web. God bless the time you spend in His Word in 2012.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Face of Terror

The Canons of Dort

Intelligent Design