Lima, Part 5

I will get on the "red eye" flight to Atlanta in a few hours. This is my last post from Peru. I am still sorting through all of the week’s experiences.

The simple fact is that I have not yet cried enough tears to be able to tell the stories right. I am wonderfully heartbroken. I don’t expect everyone to understand that, but it´s the only way I can find to express my emotions.

It is wonderful to be a part of the things that have happened here this week. I have been blessed to make a difference in some children’s lives. Operation Christmas Child (OCC) sent 200,000 boxes to Peru this year, and I was glad to play a small part in that effort.

But I also know that there are over 8.7 million children under the age of 15 in Peru. OCC only distributed boxes to 2.2% of these children. There is so much more to do.

I have seen the churches we worked with to distribute boxes. I have seen the children. I have learned of their plight. I will never be the same. I will get ready to communicate my stories to anyone who will listen. That is a start.

Please pray for OCC and the children who are blessed by this great ministry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Face of Terror

The Canons of Dort

Intelligent Design