Strange Fire

Something strange happen to me this afternoon. I was faced with an opportunity to indulge in two particular forms of sin that I have felt a particular affinity for all of my life. I have truly been in bondage to those sins (see Romans 6:20).

Maybe this is what it feels like to be set free and to give myself as a slave to Christ. But I can’t help but wonder if this is the first time I have truly been set free (see all of Romans 6).

I am going to wait and see if my little victory this afternoon holds. I am going to find out if this is a new freedom, or if it is just a deepening of the freedom I have know in the past. Is this the first true repentance, or a state of greater repentance than I had before?

I wonder if anyone else out there has had an experience like this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Face of Terror

The Canons of Dort

Intelligent Design