Summer Reading List, 2008

Breakpoint posts its Summer Reading list here. Some of the recommended books and my comments are below.

The Faith: Given Once, for All by Charles Colson with Harold Fickett

This short book is Colson’s best since The Body. He lays out a strong emotive and intellectual case for Christianity. He strives for unity in Christ’s church, and goes to far at some points, but his overall work is excellent. His accounts of his work in prisons are the best part.

UnChristian by David Kinnaman and Gabe Lyons

I am not finished with this one yet, but I am impressed with the book’s straight-forward, non-nonsense approach to the difficulties the church finds herself in.

My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers

This book was my devotional for three years while I was in college. While I have grown away from some of its tenants, I cannot deny its impact on my life. Chambers reveals his dependence on Spurgeon.

The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning

This is one of my favorite books. Manning lays out the case for God’s love as only an AA member can.

I pray we all would take more time to read.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Face of Terror

The Canons of Dort

Intelligent Design